Trust Tax Associate
Trust Tax Associate
Pay rate range: $25-27/hr.
Oversee the daily business and affairs of New York Private Trust Company. Duties include the administration of New York Private Trust Company fiduciary business and provide timely and accurate management reports on the New York Private Trust Company business to members of the senior management team
Job Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in administering a variety of fiduciary accounts, assuring a superior level of client service
- Must have experience preparing and reviewing complex gift, estate and fiduciary income tax returns. i.e. Form 1041 and Form 1042
- Ability to distinguish between different types of trust documents and assist in making judgments in matters requiring exercise of discretion
- Ensure that the trust account set-up and on-going administration of all fiduciary accounts is in full compliance with all applicable statutes and regulations.
- Assist in account set-up and preparation of materials for management committees
- Set up physical and electronic files
- Draft and send correspondence to clients
- Maintain client service standards in all client communications
- Work with affiliated entities, including internal audit, as needed
- Provide account administrative services to New York Private Bank and Trust Company, operating subsidiaries, private label trust companies and other business channels as they develop
- Develop and maintain monthly management reports in collaboration with the Trust Operations Manager
- Accessible during office hours
- Respond to incoming calls, e-mails, mail and in-person requests
- Comply with company policies, practices and procedures
- Attend meetings and prepare agendas, minutes and follow-up as needed
- Set goals, prioritize and execute duties of the position.
- Manage documents, files and electronic information in an organized, efficient and secure manner
- Represent company as a professional in appearance and manner. Written and oral communication to be done with the highest level of integrity and accuracy
- Quality and quantity of duties to be performed as expected for position
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) from four year college or university preferred; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.; emphasis on strong Excel skills
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, i.e., the ability to move quickly from one task to another.
- Able to hear, understand and respond appropriately to others in person or with other communication devices.
- Able to read and observe surroundings.
- Able to physically perform duties at the speed, mobility and force necessary.
- Able to manage emotional and mental state while performing various job duties.
- Able to verbally communicate in English, thoughts and questions at a reasonable level of articulation.