INF - Help Desk (2)
Job Purpose: The Help Desk position provides troubleshooting assistance to employees, various day-to-day tasks associated with the MIS department, and other specially assigned tasks as needed. A proficiency in Microsoft Office products is needed, along with familiarity with the Microsoft Windows Server environment. Additional third-party products are used by client and must be learned by the IT Help Desk technician as needed. A primary responsibility of this position is the day-to-day support of the warehouse management system (WMS) used in warehousing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Warehouse Management System (WMS); Zethcon Synapse
- Handle administrate tasks (company set-up, billing policies, pick policies, user account management).
- Develop and enforce workflow practices to provide end-to-end integrity of data.
- Monitor implementation of practices via periodic inventory checks.
- Assist end users with use of technology related to WMS and warehousing operation.
- Support end users in their use of the hardware and software, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows 10, MSFT Server OS, SQL Reporting Services
- Dell Wyse Thin clients, Laptops, Desktops
- Mitel VOIP phone setup and deployment
- Motorola handheld scanners
- Microsoft O365 Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Dynamics GP 2018
- Various internally developed applications
- Perform maintenance tasks for printers, copiers, and fax machines, or coordinate with vendors.
- Perform tasks related to provisioning and deactivation of network user accounts.
- Escalate troubleshooting to Level 2 & Level 3 IT SMEs
- Engage with other IT departments for process and systems Go-Live events
- Strong communication skills (English Primary, Spanish is a plus)
- Mature troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with process improvement and SOP management
- Must be articulate and comfortable speaking in front of others and business leaders
- Must be able to work under stressful situations, have good cognitive skills, maintain work accuracy, and the ability to concentrate on more than one task at a time.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- 1-2 years experience in MSFT Office 365 suite
- 2-5 years experience in MSFT Windows 10, Server 2016+
- Prior experience learning and supporting business processes, or recent relevant education.
- Some prior collegiate level education or experience relevant to job duties, particularly regarding understanding of business and workflow processes.
- Experience using WMS/TMS software a plus (Synapse Zethcon and TMW Suite Preferred).
- Experience with phone systems, building access, security systems, a plus
- Experience with SQL, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, .NET development, Powershell scripting, a plus
The preceding statements are illustrative of the functions of the job retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment will range from quiet to moderately loud.